Ornamentum is a tailored manufacture laboratory in which we treat our items gently as they were jewels.
Since the very first moment of processing, we are very careful about our fabrics and each phase of production. Our aim is to create precious tailoring compositions and to do so we pay particular attention during the entire productive process, following the tradition and a well-defined order, starting from the raw material.
Which fabric does Ornamentum use for its clothes?
Our clothes are strictly made by silk. We choose the finest yarns to create exclusive models. This fiber of animal origin allows the creation of simple lines useful for elegant items that you can wear at every moment of the day.
Silk fabrics of 90% use:
- Chiffon: a very thin, soft and transparent fabric;
- Crépe de Chine: a soft, fine-grained, delicate fabric, made by crepe wire;
- Bourette: a rustic fabric, made by Silk Waste;
- Shantung: silk fabric formed by Silk Waste wares;
- Honan: dry and granular, made by the irregular ware of the Tussah Silk Moths;
- Twill: soft, ductile and diagonal rib fabric;
- Knit fabrics in silk and silk knitwear: light and elegant;
- Jacquard fabric for ties.
How are our clothes seams?
The tailor made products have always some spaces of internal seams allowance in order to modify it if there is the need to make some little changes or to adjust it to body shapes, without breaking the structure of the dress. This is a key tailoring feature that you can find in all Ornamentum clothes.